May 20, 2013

The Raizadas


CLASSY YET TRADITIONAL, THE RAIZADAS


Money defines only class and richness. It can’t define the beliefs and traditions that are instilled deep down the heart of a person. A common thought rides in the country today, where class resides there is no place for culture and tradition. But Raizadas are proving it wrong from a decade now. They are exorbitantly rich and classy yet traditional and grounded. They have staunch belief in the rich heritage of their state and country and take pride in exhibiting it. They are talented bunch of people, maintaining their league in a very strong, motivated way and are the examples for today’s generation who believe class is more important than tradition. Their motive is simple, be classy and modern in thinking; be traditional in behaving.


The Raizada clan’s eldest member, Devayani Singh Raizada (nee Dhasmana), is a child at heart. Hailing from Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, she is much grounded to the traditions and rituals. Married at a very young age of 17 years, her education had come to a standstill. But with her husband, Ajaypal Singh Raizada’s support, she completed her Masters in Psychology. Keen, observing and ardent, she is the foundation, the very earth of this family. Her beliefs and practices are what that have woven the togetherness of this family. Her words of wisdom are like little bobs of light that hover above us, guiding is in darkness, towards the correct destination, “Agar hum shareer hai toh hamari sanskriti hamari aatma hai…jaise aatma ke bina shareer ka koi mol naahi hai waisan hi hamare sanskriti ke bina hamare zindagi ki koi mol naahi hai…” All her family members have established the firm foothold of their identity in this ever changing world.


Mahendra Pratap Singh Raizada, the eldest son of Devayani Raizada is often thought as the head of the house. But apparently he is not. When asked about this, he replies “Why do I need a position of being the head of the house? I am happy being relaxed and carefree. Head of the house actually has the whole house on his head. I can’t really take that responsibility you know,” (he smiles jovially). He may not be the head of the house but he is the head of an empire: Raizada Enterprises, one of the most successful real estate enterprises, known for its latest designs and modern architecture. This real estate business was started by Satyadev Singh Raizada, Mahendra Pratap’s grandfather and is now said to have reached its zenith under the leadership of two able men of Raizada family. Mahendra Pratap regards his family traditions with utmost care and importance. He has always tried to cement the same conviction in the society as well.




Manorama Singh Raizada (nee Kashyap), wife of Mahendra Pratap Singh Raizada, is a dedicated and fun loving housewife. Be it religious functions or kitty parties, she handles everything with equal importance. The eldest daughter in law of the house, household work is a cakewalk for her. When asked how it is being the head supervisor, she smiles and shares her secret with us “Without my daughter in law, I would probably not have done half the things I do right now. To be precise, she actually is the head supervisor of the house.” Her faith in her family rituals and practices is unwavering. She doesn’t believe in imposing it on others but she practices it all with respect.


Vinay Singh Raizada, the eldest son of Mahendra Pratap and Manorama Singh Raizada, is a complete businessman. Handling a huge empire of Raizada Enterprises is no joke but for him, it is next to a joke. Following a simple quote “work is fun” he manages to complete each and every deal way before deadlines. When asked to share about his work, he says “I am not alone in this. If I would be alone then probably I would have banged my head somewhere. I have my father, my brother, my wife and whole of my super efficient team to help me out.” He accredits his success to the hard work, devotion and faith in the culture and heritage that is Raizada family’s pride. “No matter to which height Raizada empire reaches, it is always grounded to the strong family culture and that is what makes us stand out as entrepreneurs in the business world. It is you make what you are. If you are strong then no force can crumble you apart. Our beliefs make us what we are and the almighty protects us and nurtures us.” He conceded in us.   


Anjali Singh Raizada (nee Mallik), is the apple of the Raizada members’ eyes. Adored by all for her sweet and simple nature, Anjali is fondly known as the Second Genius of the house. She is a perfectionist wanting everything to be perfect from household work to a deal of their business. An epitome of kindness, affection and love, she knows how to get things her way. When asked her to share about her life, she smiles and replies “I am an extremely pampered child. I have always been treated like this. I am very lucky to have come to my family as a daughter in law. This is my mother’s maternal home and now my sasural. It wasn’t difficult at all for me to adjust. All my family supports in whatever I do. From my childhood I had an extreme passion in business and so here I am putting my foot in all the deals” (laughs). A staunch devotee, she holds a very special place in her heart for all traditional practices and is proud to have grown up like this, strong, inspired and motivated to create a niche of her.


Akash Singh Raizada, the second child of Mahendra Pratap and Manorama Singh Raizada, is the youngest of the Raizada family but the age factor has got nothing to do with what this man has accomplished. Known for his quirky and fun loving nature, he has an uncanny ability of convincing people. This trait of his, he says, is extremely useful when it comes to making deals and contracts. Having a major in Architecture and Interior designing, he is the Head Architect of Raizada Enterprises. His designs and his style of working are appreciated by people worldwide. When asked about his life he says “I am a very curious child having an extreme passion in shapes and scales. I love Architecture and designing and my family business is perfectly apt for the field I have chosen so I am doubly happy that I don’t have to go and work elsewhere. My brother buys the land and I design how the land should look. It is a mutual job and all of us are enjoying it thoroughly.” When asked about his belief in the rich heritage, he just flashed a brilliant smile which spoke volumes about what he feels and the confidence he has in his family traditions.


Arnav Singh Raizada aka ASR is the boss. He is the head of the Raizada family, fondly known as Genius of the house. He is not a branch of this huge tree but a huge tree himself. Having nothing to do with the family business, he is a self established business entrepreneur, with his talent exuding not in the form of buildings but in the form of clothes. The Big Boss of Indian Fashion Industry, he is the Managing Director of The AR Empire, a chain of fashion oriented industries and offices. When asked how this deviation occurred he replied “I have always followed my heart and I do what I love. My family has a firm foothold in the real estate business and it was very difficult for me to create a mark of my own. I have no interest in buildings. I have always dreamt of being a fashion and accessory designer, designing people their identity, clothes and I have no…”

This long article of a magazine was covered by another magazine lying obliquely on it. One the cover page was a picture of a handsome man in a charcoal black suit. The headline bore

“Fashion is YOU: Arnav Singh Raizada!”

No comments:

Post a Comment